Tuesday, December 23, 2008

sold on eBay- vintage 1960s US Marine Corps durene football jersey








I love when my eBay items go to people who appreciate them for nostalgic personal reasons!

Winning bidder, Tim, shares this story:


"My dad was the Commissary Officer there in the late 60s/early 70s, and my aunt and uncle worked at the base in the late 50s and 60s. I think the team was just a semi-pro type team that played other bases. There were several Army and Air Force bases within 100 miles. There was a field right by the front gate of the base. You may not have had to actually enter the base to get into the stands. They also had other events there too. I'm almost 53 and most of this happened while I was quite young, but I grew up in Barstow and now that I'm older I've been collecting relics from the past. I had honestly forgotten about all of that until seeing this jersey. I've got a couple of jerseys/warmups from the High School, but had never seen anything from the base like this. I think they also had a basketball team, as I remember playing at the base when I was in Jr High, and there were Marines playing a game after us that had uniforms. Wow... alot of memories!"
*The stencil on the back reads, "Special Services MCSC Barstow"




No comments: